About This Position:
St. Lucas is a Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS) congregation in south St. Louis, whose vision is to be a beacon of hope to our region with the life-giving message of Jesus Christ. St. Lucas has identified as a key priority that the worship experience, both traditional and contemporary, should be befitting of the worship of such a great God, while conveying the life-giving Word to those gathered. We seek a qualified Director of Music who shares this passion.
Under the supervision of the Pastor, the Director of Music will develop and implement a high-quality music program befitting of the worship of God that edifies both guests and members and develops and deploys the musical talents of the musicians serving St. Lucas.
- Lead the musicians and singers of the Praise Team and provide encouragement and training, as needed;
- Meet weekly with the Pastor for the purpose of selecting music and coordinating the planning of worship and music;
- Schedule and conduct weekly rehearsals; and
- Work with love, energy and imagination in order to inspire congregational singing.
- Develop and direct choir rehearsals, as needed;
- Schedule the choir to sing during at Christmas; Holy Week and other services throughout the year as appropriate; and
- Work with the Sunday School and Youth leaders to have the children sing in worship.
- Individuals and Small Groups
- Recruit and schedule special music from within the congregation to further enhance the worship experience.
- Promote an atmosphere of community where members experience personal and spiritual growth;
- Promote/educate the congregation on church music;
- Ability to recruit and manage volunteers;
- Ability to create an energetic spiritual experience which connects and inspires;
- Work with the media personnel on the audio and visual aspects of the worship services; and
- Work with Sunday School leaders and children on developing a Children’s choir.
- B.S./B.A. in music related field is preferred;
- Minimum of one year experience in a church music leadership role with proven ability to effectively recruit, lead and develop teams and to develop and deploy other leaders;
- Familiar with the doctrine of the LCMS;
- Competency in and appreciation of both traditional and contemporary Christian music; and
- Keyboard proficiency and experience.
Contact us for more information or apply by sending resume and cover letter to email@example.com or by calling the church office at 314-351-2628.