Recent Changes at St. Lucas
Updated: January 15th, 2021
St. Lucas is currently following our normal in-person two service Sunday schedule! Both services are also being Live Streamed on Facebook, (No Facebook account required to view). We encourage those in at-risk groups to continue to worship at home through livestreamed services.
An online Adult Bible Study is being held as a Zoom meeting every Wednesday evening, see details here.
Faith for Life & Sunday School are now meeting in-person at their normal time of 9:15am every Sunday! Until further notice, we will require everyone to wear a mask, sanitize hands and sit 6 feet apart. For those that don’t feel comfortable, we can drop off Sunday School packets to you.
We are looking for volunteer teachers and helpers especially with the younger children. We also need safe snacks and drinks, individually wrapped snacks, individual juice boxes, Capri suns. Any help is greatly appreciated! Contact information and more details can be found at our Sunday School web page.
The Early Childhood Center is open. We have put new measures in place to keep us safe as recommended by the state, including limiting contacts, temperature checks and facemasks. At this time have received a good supply of paper towels and disinfecting wipes! We still need hand sanitizer and face masks, if you can find or donate some. To contact our director regarding donations, email Laurie Riley by clicking HERE.
When attending in-person worship, worshippers should observe the following measures:
- Facemasks or other coverings should be worn on the church campus.
- Stay home if sick and sanitize your hands before entering the church
- Plan to arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before worship that begins at 9:30.
- Maintain the required social distancing of six feet from others when approaching the
building, while inside and during departure.
- Weather permitting, all doors will be propped open. Please don’t touch door handles or other surfaces, if possible.
- Worshippers will be seated in the sanctuary to maintain social distancing.
- Cessation of the sharing of the peace within the center aisle in an effort to minimize contact
- Suspension of the use of the common cup for Communion.
- At the conclusion of the service, worshippers will be ushered out, pew by pew from the front.
- Please exit the building immediately when ushered from your pew.
We pray for patience and understanding with these breaks from tradition. The intent is not to diminish the worship experience, but rather to be respectful of legitimate concerns over public safety and the sense that St. Lucas remains a dependably safe home for worship every week. Updates will be shared through email, Facebook and on this website.
The great hymn by Martin Luther, A Mighty Fortress is Our God, was written when Germany was experiencing an outbreak of the bubonic plague. Thankfully, our situation is by no means as dire, but God is just as “a mighty fortress” as ever. May we be fully trusting in God to preserve and protect us as we serve our neighbors in love.
St. Lucas Board of Elders