When attending in-person worship, worshippers should observe the following measures:
- Facemasks or other coverings should be worn on the church campus.
- Stay home if sick and sanitize your hands before entering the church
- Plan to arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before worship that begins at 9:30.
- Maintain the required social distancing of six feet from others when approaching the
building, while inside and during departure.
- Weather permitting, all doors will be propped open. Please don’t touch door handles or other surfaces, if possible.
- Worshippers will be seated in the sanctuary to maintain social distancing.
- Cessation of the sharing of the peace within the center aisle in an effort to minimize contact
- Suspension of the use of the common cup for Communion.
- At the conclusion of the service, worshippers will be ushered out, pew by pew from the front.
- Please exit the building immediately when ushered from your pew.
We pray for patience and understanding with these breaks from tradition. The intent is not to diminish the worship experience, but rather to be respectful of legitimate concerns over public safety and the sense that St. Lucas remains a dependably safe home for worship every week. Updates will be shared through email, Facebook and on this website.
The great hymn by Martin Luther, A Mighty Fortress is Our God, was written when Germany was experiencing an outbreak of the bubonic plague. Thankfully, our situation is by no means as dire, but God is just as “a mighty fortress” as ever. May we be fully trusting in God to preserve and protect us as we serve our neighbors in love.
St. Lucas Board of Elders