Where we see Jesus in everyone!
The parish nurse program provides a unique healing ministry to the community. Healing is a process of ongoing renewal, not only recovery from an illness. Healing provides health of body, mind, and spirit–a feeling of well-being that endures even in the presence of chronic disease.
The purpose of our parish nurse program is threefold:
- Parish nurses educate the congregation and community about health and healing while heightening the awareness of healing in other church programs and activities.
- The program enables members and non-members to take responsibility for their own health through healthy lifestyles that prevent disease and health screenings that detect disease.
- Finally parish nursing encourages members to show care and concern (Christian witness) for each other and non-members, and to seek help from the church for physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
The Parish Nurse Ministry Team meets quarterly. Our activities include:
- Taking blood pressures on the third Sunday of every month.
- Grief support through our monthly grief newsletter and nourishment at the funeral home.
- Shut-in visits, cards and labels.
- Meals when needed to shut-ins or folks recovering from an illness.
- Training for St. Lucas members who would like to be CPR and AED certified.
If you would like to participate in this ministry, or if there is a need that you feel this Nursing ministry team can fill for you, please contact us by clicking on this email link: St. Lucas Parish Nurses.