Where we see Jesus in everyone!
The parish nurse program provides a unique healing ministry to the community. Healing is a process of ongoing renewal, not only recovery from an illness. Healing provides health of body, mind, and spirit–a feeling of well-being that endures even in the presence of chronic disease. The importance of parish nursing as a healing ministry is its focus on:
- The relatedness of body, mind, and spirit.
- The concept of health as wellness, not merely the absence of disease.
- The individual’s ongoing responsibility for maintaining his or her own health.
- The promotion of healing activities within the congregation and the community.
The purpose of our parish nurse program is threefold.
- First,the parish nurse educates the congregation and community about health and healing while heightening the awareness of healing in other church programs and activities.
- Secondly, the program enables members and non-members to take responsibility for their own health through healthy lifestyles that prevent disease and health screenings that detect disease.
- Finally parish nursing encourages members to show care and concern for each other (Christian witness to selves and community) and non-members to seek help from the church for physical, emotional, and spiritual healthv(mission outreach).
For more information on the Parish Nurse program or to learn more about specific services, please click on this link to email us at: St. Lucas Parish Nurses.